My name is Mina Elbouihich and I have been living in Burlingame for the last 20 years, along with my husband Greg. We are the parents of two terrific girls, Miriam 12 and Amber 10.
I have a Business Management degree from Ecole Supérieure de Technologie d’Agadir, Morocco and Child Development certificate from College of San Mateo. I have always enjoyed being around children and have worked as both a preschool teacher and a caregiver for the past 9 years, I have been a stay at home mom, while teaching French part time. I’ve enjoyed these years of being a wife and mother, but they haven’t been without their challenges.
During those early parenting years, Greg and I realized we hadn’t carved out much time for us as a couple. Planning a date night felt like a chore; we couldn’t just mark the calendar and say, “Let’s go out tomorrow night. Our number one issue was finding a reliable sitter.
As a Burlingame Mothers Club member for nearly 10 years, I would often see requests on the email forum from parents looking for a trustworthy sitter. If you needed a sitter tomorrow, how would you find one on such short notice? Even if you were lucky enough to find one, would you have the time to do a background check, in addition to calling their references?
I have been that parent scrambling to find a reliable sitter. I understand the importance of having a trustworthy caregiver for your children. My own personal experience inspired me to start Broadway Sitters.
What we do
At Broadway Sitters LLC we work only with highly qualified sitters. All the sitters are CPR trained and have up to date vaccines including TB clearance. Each of our sitters is also pre-screened for a clean driving record and they all have extensive experience working with children.
After I conduct an interview with a potential sitter, I personally check the babysitter’s background for any criminal record. I then call 3 of the sitter’s former employers for references.
Broadway Sitters LLC offers services to families in need of limited and short term child care. You can call us for:
- Date night: If you think that you and your spouse can take a 4 hour break to have some adult time, then give us a call at least 12 hrs in advance, we will make sure to set you up with the sitter whose qualifications match your family’s needs.
- You have to go to work and your nanny calls in sick. Call us and we will do our best to provide you with help as soon as we find the right match.
- How about running errands or getting pampered? We will be happy to entertain your kids while you’re having mommy time.
- Doula after birth is available as well.
- For group events, weddings, and baby showers, we will have a group of sitters come to your event with preplanned activities to entertain.